Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Race and Spirituality

Without endorsing any politician or introducing government politics into the discussions of our community, I would like to recommend that you read the speech Obama gave today about race. Again, I do not want to start a discussion here about politics and I am not endorsing Obama or his speech. But I think that in America in the twenty-first century, questions of race are central to questions of love, compassion, and spirituality. We need to keep in mind--of course--that the primary purpose of the speech is to help the candadate win the election. That aside, I think that Obama adresses some essential issues and does so with a measure of balance.

--Paul Corrigan

1 comment:

living stones said...

Good point. Important. Thank you for caring and sharing--
--RC

Blog Archive