Monday, March 3, 2008

Exciting News

Dear Friends,

I'm writing to share and give thanks for a pivotal opportunity in my life and ministry. I received word last last week that I have received a partial scholarship from Vanderbilt Divinity School, and after talking with my family, Rickey Cotton, and the two churches I pastor, I've decided to take this opportunity and enter graduate school in the Fall. I hope to explore the "spiritual entanglement" of contemplative practices and social justice while there.

I'm grateful for this community, and I'm eager to see the continuing development of our lives together.

Grace and Peace,
Mark

4 comments:

living stones said...

Congratulations Mark! Praise God. This surely is exciting news. What program are you entering? We can't wait to hear more as this develops.
--Paul Corrigan

Unknown said...

Thanks Paul. It will be a Master of Divinity Program.

Unknown said...

I'm very excited and will be keeping you in my thoughts during this time of transition!

living stones said...

Hurray! I'm excited you. I think this will enrich you and enrich our community. I look forward to learning and growing with you over these next years!
--RC

Blog Archive