Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pandora Radio and Gregorian Chant

Pandora Radio is a free online music source that creates personalized radio stations for users. You provide an artist name or song title, and it plays songs based on your choice. I have been using Pandora Radio for about a month, mostly listening to Billy Joel and Juanez.

Today I checked whether the database contained Gregorian Chant music. I entered "Gregorian Chant" in the slot for artist name or song title, and several options came up. Earlier this summer, Dr. Cotton played for me a CD of music from the Taize Community. That's what made me think to do this.

I highly recommend Gregorian Chant on Pandora Radio!

I am listening right now, as I write this, being washed over, inundated even, by the music. It is a blessing. I'm a little breathless.

--Paul Corrigan

2 comments:

living stones said...

Neat entry. Thanks for sharing this source. It seems interesting and stimulating. I really like that you're listening to Gregorian chant. This kind of curiosity and openness is really encouraging to me. I look forward to checking out the site soon--
--RC

John Orzechowski said...

I've been using pandora for a while but never thought to look up Gregorian chant. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Archive